No cocktail this week, I am still trying to figure out what I can drink in Germany. Once I feel comfortable enough experimenting, I will add some, but any recommendations are always appreciated!
My lifeblood is pretty much music videos. I watch them every morning in the states on VH1. My friends joke that I am probably the only person who still watches either VH1 or music videos. Do I care? Nope. I love them. I love the choerographed dancing, the crazy costumes, and most importantly, I love singing along off key! Now that I am residing in Berlin, I had to find a new way to watch them. At first, I was nervous because my friends said that YouTube didn’t always load them because of German Music Protection things (GEMA). Thankfully, the VEVO app works and now I simply put on a playlist in morning on my ipad (or Chromecast if I am feeling fancy). Here are the current music videos that always seem to show up in my rotation:
All About That Base (it is my song of summer, and I refuse to let go of summer just yet)
Shake It Off (I imagine this is how I appear dancing, and I do not care)
How to Be a Heartbreaker (I just love everything from the catchy tune to the all the colored bows)
Shower (I’ve been following Becky G for awhile, she’s adorable and this song is so catchy)
So I might be sensitive to gluten, GROSS. I love to bake so this will be a major adjustment for me and I love whiskey, so whiskey gingers are no longer going to be my go-to for a cheap bar drink. Nevertheless, I can keep my favorite drink of summer, or winter, or whenever my mother is in town, Dark ‘N Stormy.
The Dark N’ Stormy is so cool, it is even has two trademarks at the US Patent and Trademark Office. A Dark ‘N Stormy is only a Dark ‘N Stormy if Gosling’s Dark Rum is used. It’s not an added bonus to use their spiced ginger beer (Don’t worry, it’s gluten free!). If a drink is cool enough to have it’s own patent law, it’s cool enough for me to order at a bar.
Plus, if you have the ginger beer base, the possibilities are endless, Moscow Mules, Presbyterians, Other Mules… the choices are endless.
Here are some tidbits to liven up your next cocktail conversation:
- Are you spending like the mellenials? Sometimes, I feel like I belong to this generation, other times, I think there isn’t a chance in the world that I do. Guess that’s what happens when you are on the border between two generations.
- The 50 Shades of Grey trailer premiered (in case you are living under a rock and don’t know), while some people love to hate it, I think this Jezebel article pretty much nails on the head how I feel about it.
- I love to read articles about making myself into a better person, I am always trying to be a perfectionist (Which is probably something I should see a therapist about, eventually). 7 habits to be more mentally tough has been my latest mantra, plus I am reading the Happiness Project.
- Color photography has been around for over a century and World War I was the first war to be documented in color. Seeing the photos of the men, tanks, and the land just somehow seems so much more real in color. The tank is probably the coolest thing.
I love a good cocktail, never been much of a beer or wine gal. I’ve spent an entire summer in Paris and still I’ll take Whiskey over Wine any day. Next fall, I will be in Germany and I don’t have much hope for turning into a beer gal either. Anyways, with the World Cup going on right now, have you ever tried the “national” drink of Brazil, Caipirinha ? It’s one of my favorites for summer. It is so light and refreshing.
Here are some tidbits for your next Cocktail Conversation (World Cup themed, of course):
- In the spirit of the World Cup, here is a great comparison of the countries to college football. Apparently, I should root for Argentina? But have you seen Germany? I might have to change my mind but Cote D’Ivoire managed to stop a civil war in 2006, that is pretty darn cool. Choices … Choices…
- Would you agree with these best ads? I always love seeing the different branding opportunities at sporting events from the cat mug fiasco at March Madness to IBM’s strange partnership with the Masters. Plus, this one or Landon Donovan’s is quite good!
- Fans at the World Cup can be the craziest! The “So Much America” one kills me every time.
- Though it may be old news, this video perfectly sums up the differences between American Football and Football everywhere else. Plus, I think it could be made into a movie.
- In other news, Beyoncelogues are my new favorite videos on the internet and here are 10 crazy facts to pull out at your next gathering.