Moving is a pain, I never want to move again. Needless to say, my apartment is slowwwlllyyyy coming together. I have not really had a chance to have people over, but I did have over a girlfriend for a spa night the other day. It was so much fun!
The great thing about a spa night is it doesn’t have to be really expensive to be fun and it is super easy to throw together (really needed when your place is still a mess). Here is what I did for my spa night:
- Water – Step up your water game by adding a few sprigs of mint and some fruit to it a few hours beforehand. Some of my favorite combinations are mint + strawberry, mint + cucumber or lemon + mint.
- Coconut Oil – The best makeup remover ever! Simply slather on your face and then use a warm wet towel to remove makeup. I like to let the towel sit for 30 seconds first to really absorb everything. (For an added bonus, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to the coconut oil)
- Masks – We used two types: a deep pore cleanser and then a calming mask. For the deep-pore one, we used a clay one that was amazing. I got it from the TJ Maxx clearance section, you don’t have to spend a lot of money to get some great masks. Browse the clearance sections of TJ Maxxs, even drugstores often have great single use masks too, and sometimes, I even make homemade masks if I am feeling really into it.
- Toner – Once you are done, be sure to apply some toner to lock in all the goodness
- Night cream – Then finish it up by moisturizing. Don’t forget the neck!!!!
- A TV Show – I don’t recommend movies because you will get too into them and forget to take off your masks. Commercial breaks are great for washing your face and catching up with girlfriends. Honestly, it ends up being background noise as you talk with friends so it’s nice to have something on that you don’t have to pay too much attention to!
What makes a good spa night for you? I think next time I am going to do a pedicure/manicure, so any tips are welcomed! Also, I woke up the next day and my skin felt amazing, I need to do this more often!